New World Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected) Empty [Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected)

Post by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:43 am

Due to the minor confusion regarding Vitami's eligibility of office during the 2nd NWA security council election I hereby propose this resolution.

1. A nations capital pinpoints the Continent the nation is running for.

2. Capitals can be moved on request as long as it is still in the nations territory.

3. Previous capitals will retain city status. (Will appear on the map.)

Vitami will be elected for Oceania during the 2nd Security Council, if requested Vitami's capital will also be moved to their territory within Oceania for future elections. If this resolution fails alternatives will be considered.

Last edited by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13

Back to top Go down

[Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected) Empty Re: [Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected)

Post by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:15 am

KC13 is in favor!
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13

Back to top Go down

[Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected) Empty Re: [Resolution] Capitals Pinpoint Continent (Rejected)

Post by Shockwave Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:44 am

I propose this be changed from resolution to amendment of the General Elections act seeing as this changes the framework of that law.
Shockwave
Shockwave

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorias Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 pm

I second Shockwave's proposal. Regarding Kosmicheskaya Stantsiya's initial proposal, Honorias is opposed. At the moment, there are very few active nations, and a number of those are grouped together on the same continent. I believe we need a set of election rules that will not prevent active nations from trying to serve the region as well as they can. I believe that nations with territory on other continents should be allowed to represent those continents, as long as they have the support of other nations on the continent in question and the region as a whole. This is especially true for continents with no other residents, as such a Security Council seat would remain unnecessarily empty if this proposal is adopted.

Perhaps if this proposal were limited to preventing colonizing nations from running to represent continents that already have longtime residents who are also running for a seat in the Security Council, I would be more willing to vote for it, because in that case that continent would still be represented no matter what.
Honorias
Honorias

Back to top Go down

Post by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:33 pm

Shockwave wrote:I propose this be changed from resolution to amendment of the General Elections act seeing as this changes the framework of that law.

After having a look I fail to see the appropriate section this resolution would be amending, if you could assist me in locating the location of amendment I would gladly remodel the resolution. Thanks!
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockwave Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:30 pm

An amendment to section 10 would be the most plausible place: https://newworldalliance.forumotion.com/t23-plain-text-copy-passed-wa-general-elections-act
Shockwave
Shockwave

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=shockwave

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitami Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:55 pm

As the resolution deals with me specifically I abstain. I will however point out that my nation lies on the continental border and the Oceania land is fully apart of my nation not some overseas colonies
Vitami
Vitami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:41 pm

The Proposal has been given at least three days for discussion.
All votes before this point can be considered null and void as the proper procedure was not utilized.
(To my own incompetence as well.)
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13 Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:42 pm

KC13 is in favor!
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13
Kocмичecкaя Cтaнция 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorias Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 pm

The Crowns of Honorias are opposed.
Honorias
Honorias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next